The Portuguese boss says there is a new philosophy at the club.
Following back-to-back defeats in the Premier League and Champions League, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has admitted that the style at the club is changing.
Defeat to FC Basel on Wednesday at Stamford Bridge was the first time Mourinho had lost a home match during two spells and over 200 games with the club.
However, the 50-year-old has said that the tactics at the club have been poor since the Portuguese boss left the side in 2007 and aimed some pointed comments at what Rafael Benitez did with the team.
“I don’t like the way Chelsea were playing over the past couple of years,” Mourinho told the press conference ahead of the weekend’s match with Fulham.
“We want to change. We want to play a different style.
“We don’t want to play centre-backs in midfield [something Benitez adopted with David Luiz].”
There have been comments that Mourinho does not know the manager’s best starting XI at the Bridge.
Attacking midfielder Juan Mata – who was arguably the Blues’ best player last season – is yet to play a full 90 minutes this term and the boss has been crticised as a result.
With six first team players that play in the same position as Mata there is certainly strong competition, but there are question marks remaining over Eden Hazard, Andre Schurrle and Willian’s performances so far this year.
The west London club will host the Cottagers knowing that a win is needed to ease the pressure that has come with successive defeats.
Melanggar Chelsea rumor transfer dan berita dalam Bahasa Indonesia dengan fanatix ID!