Arum again insists they have accepted all the terms to the fight…
Pacquiao could fight Khan in May: Arum open to looking at other options.
Pacquiao and Khan discuss potential fight: Pair cross paths in London.
Leonard says Mayweather-Pacquiao will happen: Sugar Ray says sources have told him it will happen.
Promoter Bob Arum has continued the war of words with Floyd Mayweather by insisting that he is the only one holding up a fight with Manny Pacquiao.
Arum again insisted on Friday that Top Rank had agreed to all the terms of the deal including a 60-40 purse split in favour of Mayweather, while they also agreed to the drug-testing plan, venue and date.
However, Mayweather is adamant that they haven’t got that far in negotiations while his strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza insisted earlier this week that the media needed to do their job and get proof off Arum that a contract has been signed instead of just taking his word for it.
The two camps are evidently locked in a blame game at this point and it is unclear as to whether this fight will actually happen, much to the frustration of boxing fans around the world.
While Arum has also noted that they are considering their other options, including a May 30 date, potentially against Amir Khan, he has slammed Mayweather’s delay.
“Mayweather is not a boxer. Everybody knows that Manny accepted the terms that were negotiated for the fight [and the terms were negotiated by with everyone] including CBS and his management with Al Haymon,” Arum told Azteca Sports, according to Boxing Scene.
“But Floyd Mayweather once again threw the fight because he’s a chicken.”
Many will blame Mayweather for ‘ducking’ Pacquiao again, while others will suggest that Arum is the real problem behind this given his issues with other boxers both past and present.
What is clear is that the longer the situation drags on, the more unlikely it becomes that the fight will happen as Pacquiao has already put in place a January 31 deadline for his answer.