Glasby will remain at the Storm despite signing a two-year deal at the Cowboys.
SEE MORE: AUSTRALIAN SPORTS NEWS
Hardingham trade: Yet another Bomber wants the exit door
Varcoe West Coast: Eagles announce interest in Cats speedster
Christensen trade: Allen Christensen requests move to Queensland club
Melbourne forward Tim Glasby has been released from his two-year deal with the North Queensland Cowboys on compassionate grounds so he can remain with the Storm.
The Cowboys signed Glasby earlier in the season, with a view to the 25-year-old being a potential replacement for the departing Sims brothers in 2015.
However, the Cowboys released a short statement earlier on Thursday that Glasby had “been allowed out of his contract on compassionate grounds.”
This was later confirmed by the Storm shortly after.
“The Cowboys have been very understanding of Tim’s situation and both head coach Paul Green and football manager Peter Parr have been very professional in the way they have handled the matter,” Storm football director Frank Ponissi said.
“With Tim’s family decision to remain in Victoria, it’s a bonus to have Tim remain with the club, particularly considering his development over the last 12 months.”
Glasby said he was grateful to the Cowboys for being understanding of his position.
“I’m very grateful to the Cowboys for understanding my change in circumstance and for working with me to find a solution,” Glasby said.
“I’m also very appreciative to Melbourne Storm for their support; I’m looking forward to season 2015 with Storm.”