Smith handed immediate opportunity to fulfil world title ambition…
Abraham vs Smith 2 confirmed: Pair will meet again in February 2015.
Abraham vs Smith preview: Smigga gets his change at world title.
Abraham vs Smith weigh-in: (Video) Abraham ready for title defence against British star.
Arthur Abraham and Paul Smith came face-to-face for the second time this week as they begin preparations for their rematch in Berlin on February 21.
The pair had already met in Germany earlier this week to promote their upcoming rematch, with Smith determined to grab his second chance at a world title with both hands.
Abraham won on a points decision back in September, but the margin of the judges scorecards caused widespread controversy which ultimately led to negotiations over a second meeting.
While the governing body declined an order for an immediate rematch and for Smith to be installed as a mandatory challenger, promoters Eddie Hearn and Kalle Sauerland were able to come to an agreement and Smith was granted a second opportunity of taking the WBO title away from ‘King Arthur’.
Abraham (41-4, 28 KOs) insisted after the first fight that he would give Smith another chance and he reminded the media earlier this week that he is a “man of my word” and that he is happy to honour his promise.
However, he did send Smith (35-4, 20 KOs) a warning and insisted that he should be careful what he wishes for and that he plans to knock him out in February.
“Arthur and his trainer said he would stop me in the first fight,” Smith said. “We all saw what happened there. It was only with the judges’ help that he beat me. I believe I won the fight. This time, I know I can beat him.”