Portuguese news source Journal di Noticias claims Jackson Martinez is heading for Arsenal this summer who have reached a ‘principle agreement’ for the Porto player.
The newspaper even goes so far to suggest that the 28-year-old, who has scored 32 goals this season for the Portuguese giants, has agreed terms with the Gunners and has said his goodbyes to fans and teammates following Porto’s last game of the season.
Some fans were even spotted with ‘goodbye’ banners according to the Metro.
— Sam (@samuelJayC) May 23, 2015
It’s a move that would make sense for the north London side with doubts still remaining over Arsenal’s options up front with Olivier Giroud seen as the only real, viable option to start games with the likes of Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcott untrusted from the off.
You’d imagine Arsene Wenger would be particularly keen to bolster his options if Arsenal are to build on a very successful second half of the season and actually challenge for the Premier League title from the off in 2015/16.
If Arsenal managed to secure a deal for the Colombian, Martinez, it would also put a hitch in Manchester United and Tottenham’s transfer plans with both said to have been chasing the player.