Get all of the latest information and watch every second of the game here live.
Where: The Gabba, Brisbane
When: 07.40 (BST)
Watch live: Click here to watch online with AFL Global Pass!
After a terrible start to the season, Carlton heads to Brisbane with the chance to square its ledger and move closer to the top eight with a win. Last week’s heart-stopping five-point triumph over Adelaide was their fourth win in the past five and moved them back into the finals frame.
The Lions had a bye and it came at just the right time, after a gastro bug depleted its line-up the previous week against North Melbourne, who consigned them to an eighth loss from nine matches.
Tom Rockliff, Joel Patfull and Sam Mayes will all return, and while the Lions have set themselves for the upcoming six weeks, the Blues should be too desperate and get the points here.
1. Carlton relied on its big names to defeat the Lions last year, with Chris Judd finishing with 26 disposals, Marc Murphy 22, and Jarrad Waite kicking three goals.
2. No team has had less disposals in 2014 than the Lions, averaging just 334 a game, while the Blues aren’t much better, ranked 16th with 348 a game.
3. At the Gabba not much separates the teams, with the Lions holding an eight wins to seven advantage, but Carlton has won the past two and four of the past six.
4. Carlton has enjoyed good treatment from the umpires in 2014, receiving more free kicks than any other team, with a total of 165. The Lions are ranked fourth with 158.
5. The Lions have struggled to score this season, kicking the lowest number of goals of any team (80), while Carlton is ranked 11th with its 108 goals.
6. Marc Murphy loves playing the Lions and will be out to jump from the No.31 spot in the AFL Official Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade. In six games against the Lions, he is the top ranked Blue.