West Londoners were relegated on Sunday.
Queens Park Rangers owner Tony Fernandes has admitted that he was unsure about many of the signings that the recently relegated Premier League club have made since he took over the west Londoners.
Fernandes only arrived at Loftus Road two years ago, however, in the intervening period the top-flight outfit have brought a number of new faces to the capital, many of who have simply not worked out, while others have been nothing short of disastrous purchases.
However, the mega-rich businessman has claimed that he was happy to leave all recruitment decisions up to those who were managing the club, which means initially Mark Hughes and then when the Welshman was sent packing earlier this season, new man Harry Redknapp.
Either way, the vast amounts of money that Fernandes has ploughed into the club has not had the desired impact, with QPR being relegated to the Championship following a goalless draw at Reading on Sunday afternoon.
“At the time when we arrived we were offered a lot of players, many on free transfers,” Fernandes told QPR’s website.
“We questioned a few of these and it wouldn’t be fair for me to name names, but we weren’t long in the business and we deferred to the footballing side of the business.
“At the end of the day, we went with what the footballing side said.”