Brazilian sparks Champions League season ticket boom.
All the latest headlines from Italy as the return of Kaka boosts ticket sales for AC Milan, while Cesare Prandelli prepares Italy for their World Cup qualifiers.
– ‘The Kaka effect’; Champions League season ticket sales boom after the Brazilian is officially presented to the media on Thursday.
– Kaka: “I have again found the joy of playing at Milan. This time I need to be the leader,” he told reporters as Adriano Galliani reveals that the club are delighted the 31-year-old has returned.
– Cesare Prandelli is ignoring speculation over his future as the Italy coach until after the two qualification games this week.
– The former Fiorentina boss has been rumoured to be ready to step down from his position after the World Cup next summer, but is remaining fully focused on the task in hand and will think about his future after.
– Inter owner Massimo Moratti labels new coach Walter Mazzarri “as tough as Paul Ince”.
– Luigi Di Biagio’s debut as coach of the Italian Under-21 side ended in a 3-1 defeat to Belgium.
– ‘A World Cup night’; Italy need to beat Bulgaria to get closer to Brazil, but they will have to do so without the suspended duo of Mario Balotelli and Pablo Osvaldo.
– The top clubs around Europe have been discussing the chances of Juventus in the Champions League this season, and many believe that they are good enough to win it including the likes of Arsene Wenger and Andre Villas-Boas.
– ‘Milan, listen to Kaka’; “I’m here for the Scudetto“.
– The Italy Under-21 side falls to a “horrible” defeat, losing 3-1 to Belgium in Di Biagio’s first game in charge since replacing Devis Mangia.
– “Juve, you are as good as Real Madrid!”; Marco Tardelli believes that the Bianconeri should prepare for the Champions League with no fear, and that only Barcelona are superior to the Serie A champions.
– The former Juve great also insists that midfielder Paul Pogba is a true rising star of world football as he continues to impress for Antonio Conte’s side.
– Kaka has taken back Milan, as enthusiasm and delirium grip the fans with Champions League season tickets increasing.
– Italy coach Cesare Prandelli thanks goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon as he looks set to match Fabio Cannavaro’s record number of appearances over the next week with two World Cup qualifiers.
– However, more importantly, the Azzurri take on Bulgaria in Palermo on Friday night looking to strengthen their position at the top of the group.