Goals galore as title rivals hit four each past Lazio and Chievo respectively.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy, as both Napoli and Juventus impress and pick up their second wins of the season.
– ‘Stellar Juve and Napoli’ – Immense Marek Hamsik and super Gonzalo Higuain guide Rafa Benitez to his second win in charge of the club, with a 4-2 win over Chievo.
– However, Juventus respond with Carlos Tevez and Arturo Vidal who both got on the score-sheet in the comprehensive 4-1 win over Lazio.
– ‘A blitz for Kaka'; AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri admits that the club “needs him” as Adriano Galliani is reportedly in Madrid ready to close the deal to bring the Brazilian ace back to San Siro.
– Inter coach Walter Mazzarri reveals that he hopes to follow in the footsteps of Juve and Napoli by securing his side’s second win in as many games this weekend, thus making a “sprint start” to the season.
– ‘Napoli and Juve show!'; Super Marek Hamsik and Gonzalo Higuain sink Chievo 4-2 at the Bentegodi.
– Hamsik has now scored four goals in the opening two games of the season and looks to be a vital part of Rafa Benitez’s success.
– Meanwhile, Arturo Vidal also scored twice on Saturday, and along with Carlos Tevez helped Juventus to a 4-1 win over Lazio.
– Roma will be hoping to follow their lead by securing their second win of the season when they entertain Hellas Verona, with new signing Adem Ljajic set to make his debut.
– ‘Milan, blitz for Kaka’ – Adriano Galliani flies to Madrid to get the Brazilian but tonight Milan will be hoping to bounce back from their opening day defeat to Verona when Cagliari visit the San Siro. New signing Alessandro Matri is expected to be on the bench.
– ‘Stronger every time'; Juventus, who coach Antonio Conte suggested were weaker, thrash Lazio again with a 4-1 win in Turin on Saturday night.
– The team responds to their coach’s doubts after he revealed his frustration at the club’s decision to sell both Emanuele Giaccherini and Alessandro Matri this summer.
– Arturo Vidal scored a brace, while attacking duo Mirko Vucinic and Carlos Tevez also netted with the Argentinian making it three goals in three games.
– For Lazio, another goal for Klose but the same fate as the Super Cup after their 4-0 loss on that occasion.
– Kaka will join AC Milan, but only until March as he will then make a switch to the Los Angeles Galaxy.