Nerazzurri reborn and can only improve.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the talk surrounding Inter Milan being genuine Scudetto contenders continues.
– ‘How a Scudetto Inter is reborn'; Walter Mazzarri’s ideas, the metamorphosis of Ricky Alvarez and Jonathan as well as the energy from Esteban Cambiasso.
– Without the distraction of European cup competition, this team can only improve in Serie A as their rivals potentially falter.
– Napoli: Gonzalo Higuain is set to be rested against Genoa this weekend. However, boss Rafa Benitez has defended his rotation policy and insisted that “in the end you win”.
– AC Milan: There is faith in Alessandro Matri and coach Massimiliano Allegri insists that they “are not rubbish”.
– The Rossoneri must prove themselves on Saturday night, as they take on a Sampdoria side also in crisis.
– Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has called on his team-mates to “wake up” for the derby with Torino this weekend.
– Andrea Pirlo is likely to be rested, but there is a possible return for striker Sebastian Giovinco.
– What a party for Francesco Totti: “We’re on top, now it depends on us”.
– Roma-Napoli? No, Napoli-Roma. Due to planned protests in the capital, the meeting on October 19 might switch cities.
– This would give the Azzurri three consecutive home games and the Giallorossi three away.
– For Totti the birthday wishes light up the sky, as the Roma captain celebrated his 37th birthday on Friday, his first birthday celebrated alone at the top of Serie A.
– Benitez goes to Genoa, but leaves out Higuain and defends his rotation policy.
– Sampdoria arrive, and Allegri goes on the attack as Milan are in desperate need of a win on Saturday night.
– Torino star Alessio Cerci: “Tevez, you don’t have my left foot! But Carlos is an ace. If we win, I’ll begin a fast.”
– ‘A Juve of Apaches'; Marchisio suggests that all the Juve players must adopt the spirit of Tevez for the Turin derby this weekend.
– Benitez calls for a reaction from Napoli after their disappointing draw in mid-week. The Spaniard has admitted that it was a stumble, but insists that his rotation policy must be accepted.
– Confrontation at Milanello, where an Ultra tells Milan: “Always like in those Finals…”