Napoli slip up at home to minnows Sassuolo.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Roma break away from rivals with fifth consecutive win to start the season.
– ‘Roma head of the household'; Napoli surprise as they slip up at home to Sassuolo. However, record streak of five wins as the Giallorossi break away from everyone else.
– Mehdi Benatia masterpiece put them 1-0 up against Sampdoria, before Gervinho doubled their lead. However, coach Rudi Garcia was sent off from the sidelines.
– A night of extraordinary madness; Juventus labour ahead with a refereeing error, Alberto Paloschi goal disallowed before Chievo were defeated by an own goal.
– AC Milan with a shiver, they collapse and then save themselves again with two late goals to rescue a 3-3 draw at Bologna. Meanwhile, Mario Balotelli could apologise for his dismissal and suspension.
– Thursday night will see Fiorentina take on Inter. Walter Mazzarri is expected to field a relatively unchanged side, and believes that if the club are doing well there is no need to change the personnel.
– Inter Milan owner Massimo Moratti reveals that he has an agreement with prospective buyer Erick Thohir to remain as President.
– Roma breakaway while Napoli are shocked. Sassuolo stop the Azzurri, which leaves the Giallorossi on their own at the top.
– Benatia and Gervinho fold Sampdoria to earn a 2-0 win, but there is an unexpected draw with the bottom of the table side for Rafa Benitez.
– Inter and Fiorentina will play for second place tonight. Meanwhile, the referee launches Juventus as there is another comeback for Milan.
– A notable error as Chievo have goal wrongly ruled out for offside, while Robinho and Abate rescue a point for Milan with late goals.
– ‘Champions fight back’. Another handicapped beginning, then a Chievo overtake. Fabio Quagliarella and an own-goal relaunch Bianconeri, but the referee makes a mistake with the Veneti.
– Crazy Milan and Massimiliano Allegri saves himself, while Benatia and Gervinho ensure Roma are by themselves at the top.
– Napoli don’t see where Zaza is and lose their head. Meanwhile, Inter assault on Fiorentina, what a night! Nerazzurri set for big clash with Vincenzo Montella’s men on Thursday night.
– Giuseppe Iachini is the new Palermo boss after Gennaro Gattuso was sacked.