A list of potential candidates that could replace him.
All the latest headlines from Italy as the top newspapers suggest that Italy coach Cesare Prandelli could resign after the World Cup next summer.
– ‘Prandelli, the World Cup and then he’ll go'; The Azzurri boss could leave his role after Brazil, having taken charge four years ago in the aftermath of the previous tournament in 2010.
– There is already a list of possible successors, however Alberto Zaccheroni is in pole position with the backing of Arrigo Sacchi. The Italian tactician took 40 per cent of the votes, but watch out for AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri, who came in second with 30 per cent.
– Meanwhile, it is expected that Stephan El Shaarawy will be on the bench again this weekend, this time with Italy ahead of the game against Bulgaria.
– Inter owner Massimo Moratti reveals that he “dreamt of Kaka”, and that he had wished the Brazilian could of played for his club instead of their city rivals.
– Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman discusses his start to life in the capital, and says club icon Francesco Totti “is the boss”.
– Inter owner Massimo Moratti: “Watch out Juve”.
– With the Derby d’Italia set for immediately after the international break, the war of words has already began as the Nerazzurri owner is unleashed ahead of the game.
– “We are not that far away and Walter Mazzarri will help us,” he says. “He is a rock, we needed someone like him”.
– Meanwhile Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is focused on more immediate matters, as he is set for an Italy record, with the two World Cup qualifiers allowing him to match Fabio Cannavaro’s 136 caps.
– AC Milan; Champions League chaos as M’Baye Niang is left out of the squad for the group stages by mistake. He won’t play in Europe this year.
– ‘Prandelli leaves'; Juventus boss Antonio Conte takes on everyone. Once the World Cup qualification is assured, Cesare Prandelli will announce his future.
– It is widely expected that he will bid farewell after Brazil next summer, with options to return to club management either in Italy or abroad.
– Conte’s name linked as a possible successor, but the Juve coach wants to lift the Champions League and the World Club Cup before moving up to the national team.
– Inter owner Massimo Moratti warns Juventus; “Inter still have to reduce the gap with the champions, but we know how to do that. Mazzarri? A rock.”