With victory on Tuesday, qualification assured with two games spare.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the Azzurri book their place at the World Cup in Brazil next summer.
– ‘Brazil, here we are’; Italy beat Czech Republic 2-1 in Turin on Tuesday night, clinching their place at the World Cup next summer.
– Goals from Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Balotelli saw Cesare Prandelli’s side fight back from falling behind, but after numerous misses, ‘Super Mario’ is the hero.
– The Azzurri qualify with two games to spare in qualification, the first time they have achieved the feat in their history.
– Prandelli believes he has a “special side” as despite perhaps not being the strongest nation, Italy know their qualities and do well to make the most of them.
– Meanwhile, there is speculation that it could be the end for Giovanni Trapattoni as the Republic of Ireland boss.
– ‘Samba Italy’; Azzurri reach the World Cup in Brazil with two games to go following their 2-1 win over the Czech Republic.
– Elsewhere, Holland also booked their flights to Brazil thanks to a Robin Van Persie double, while the ‘Paul Pogba Show’ ensures France catch up Spain.
– Speculation suggests that Kaka will start on the bench for AC Milan for the trip to Torino this weekend, with the Brazilian still lacking match fitness.
– The early signs are promising for Roma, as they believe they have a ‘different Adem Ljajic’ as the Serbian looks to continue his impressive start to life in the capital this weekend.
– ‘We’re flying to Rio!’; Goals from Giorgio Chiellini and a Mario Balotelli penalty seal comeback against the Czech Republic.
– Great party for Gianluigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo at the Juventus Stadium, with the former equalling the caps record set by Fabio Cannavaro by earning his 136th appearance for the Azzurri.
– “Come on Pirlo, sign”; Juventus director general Beppe Marotta confident that the midfielder will sign a new contract with the club, with his current deal set to expire at the end of the season.
– Paul Pogba scores for France and helps them to catch Spain in their qualifying group.