Fear over Balotelli as striker stops training with knee complaint.
All the latest headlines and stories from Italy in the front-pages of La Gazzetta dello Sport, Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport.
– Anzhi striker Samuel Eto’o wants Inter. The Russian club are reportedly ready to release him this summer, and while the Cameroon legend would like a return to Milan, he wants a three-year deal.
– The obstacle remains his high wages, as he currently earns around €10m net. However, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is also interested in taking him to England.
– Meanwhile, Chelsea full-back Wallace is in Milan for his medical ahead of a loan move to Inter.
– 51 foreigners signed by Serie A clubs this summer, worth a grand total of €175.5m.
– “Mad for football!”: Italy face Argentina on Wednesday while the Super Cup between Juventus and Lazio takes place at the weekend.
– National teams set to meet the Pope on Tuesday, while Mario Balotelli suffers a knee injury leaving AC Milan nervous ahead of their Champions League qualifying clash against PSV next week.
– Roma and Francesco Totti are close to agreeing on a new two-year deal and a future role at the club, with the legend’s current deal set to expire at the end of the season.
– Napoli in the race to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Luiz Gustavo. Arsenal and Atletico Madrid also interested.
– While Alessandro Matri is closing in on a move to Napoli and Fabio Quagliarella is set for England, Juventus boss Antonio Conte is eyeing moves for Juan Zuniga and another forward.
– Milan keep spot available to include Keisuke Honda in their Champions League squad, should they progress past PSV.
– Italy squad set to meet the Pope, but there is an anxious wait as Mario Balotelli is set for further tests on injured knee.