Rossoneri agree deal for Matri, now switch their attention to Kaka.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy following the Champions League draw as well as the latest transfer gossip.
– “Euro chills”; Juventus face Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid, while AC Milan are drawn with Barcelona and Lionel Messi.
– A group of iron for Napoli boss Rafa Benitez, who must mastermind a way past Arsenal, Marseille and Dortmund in arguably the toughest group of the draw.
– Milan confirm the signing of Juventus striker Alessandro Matri, while their attention now switches to former star Kaka.
– The Brazilian admits that it “would be better to leave” as he is reportedly ready to halve his wages in order to push through a return to Italy, while there is a willingness to reach an agreement for Milan.
– Meanwhile, Fiorentina lose on Thursday night to Grasshoppers but progress on away goals to qualify for the Europa League main draw. Mario Gomez failed to score again and will be keen to get off the mark as soon as possible.
– “Matri to Milan”; Juventus sell their striker to Serie A rivals and he is expected to arrive at Milanello on Friday in order to undergo his medical and then sign his new contract.
– Kaka shock as the Brazilian star reveals he wants to leave Real Madrid with just days remaining in the transfer window.
– Nevertheless, the Rossoneri believe that they can reach an agreement with both the club and player to secure a return to San Siro.
– It is reported that the sale of Inter is close as Massimo Moratti speaks about his relationship with wealthy Indonesian businessman Erick Thohir.
– Lazio close in on signing of Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz.
– “There is Juve-Real!”; Champions League draw is made with the Bianconeri also having to navigate their way past Galatasaray and Copenhagen.
– AC Milan are set to face the Messi-Neymar nightmare, but a deal is done to sign Juventus striker Alessandro Matri.
– Meanwhile, Napoli must keep an eye on Roberto Lewandowski after being paired with Dortmund, as well as Marseille and Arsenal.
– Fiorentina advance into the Europa League main draw, but Udinese fall.
– Sampdoria close in on loan signing of AC Milan youngster Andrea Petagna.