50 players agree to answer Gazzetta survey anonymously.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as a Serie A survey amongst the players suggests Mario Balotelli is ‘over-rated’.
– ‘Serie A confesses’; Depression, racism, homosexuality – 50 players agree to reply anonymously to our questions as they judge their colleagues, coaches and players.
– There are a number of surprises amongst the truthful responses, perhaps most surprisingly is that Mario Balotelli is among the three most ‘over-rated’ players in Italy.
– 46 per cent believe that video replays during a game are the ideal solution for Serie A to decide controversial circumstances.
– 34 per cent admin an openly gay player would be treated differently in the locker room.
– Michel Platini says to “continue with the rules” as the revolt of the Curve continue, Juve ultras threaten chants in Florence while Genoa and Brescia also stand by AC Milan and Inter Milan.
– Italy coach Cesare Prandelli stops Balotelli, and tells him that despite picking up an injury that he will stay with the squad rather than go home.
– An apparent face-to-face between the coach and player as striker wanted to leave the squad due to a muscular injury.
– Gigi Buffon hits 137 caps and calls up Francesco Totti who he describes as being “immortal”.
– Diego Milito picks up a new injury, this time it is a thigh strain.
– Antonio Di Natale; “Gila, Totti, Toni and me – who are you calling past it?”
– ‘The pact of the Ultras’; Co-ordinated actions all over Italy, the measures to are ready to stop them. Racism will be punished only in the sectors where the chants come from.
– Balotelli injury, but he’ll remain with the Azzurri as despite missing the Denmark game on Friday he should be available for Armenia on Tuesday.
– Buffon: “Totti is infinite”.
– The secrets of Roma and Napoli.
– Juventus striker Carlos Tevez: ‘Pope Francis, call me’.
– The Argentinian star visits Tuttosport HQ and admits that the Pontiff “really struck my heart, I’d love to speak to him about the difficult areas of Buenos Aires”.
– “If Conte tries to leave, I’ll stop him. He is a winner, like Sir Alex Ferguson, and swept me away with tactics”.
– “Real Madrid? I am frightened only by my neighbourhood, the barrio, not the Bernabeu. We’ll play in Madrid, as we are Juve”.
– Tevez also reveals that Balotelli is great, but he would not go into detail about their time together at Manchester City.
– FIGC opens up to the Lega on softer punishment for insulting chants.