Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has revealed that he had been hoping for a development in a possible move to Man United this summer.
The 28-year-old had been linked with a switch to Old Trafford as a replacement for David De Gea, but the Spaniard’s move to Real Madrid broke down on deadline day.
Although Lloris recently signed a new five-year contract with Spurs and insists that he is happy to remain at White Hart Lane, he did concede that he was waiting for a possible ‘development’ in the move to United.
“A lot of things were said and written,” he said at a news conference. “There could have been a development there but the desired movement didn’t happen.
“I have a lot of affection for Tottenham. I feel respected, I have a very good relationship with the staff and I’m ready to play the best season possible.”
L’Equipe reported on Friday that some of the United board members had wanted the club to sign Lloris, but Louis Van Gaal would have preferred Jasper Cillessen or Keylor Navas.
Following the deadline day debacle, De Gea will now remain in Manchester until the end of the season, although his contract is set to expire next summer.