Manager speak out on behalf of the Sydney Swans star.
New Sydney Swans superstar signing Lance Franklin will not have any lingering health issues despite being taken to hospital for a seizure earlier this year.
The revelation comes on the eve of the 2014 AFL season, however, Franklin’s manager Liam Pickering said while the incident did occur, he said the full forward will be ready to hit the ground running in the red and white.
Report this week said Franklin was treated at his Bondi Beach apartment in early January after ambulance officers were called to the scene.
A man in his “mid-20s” was taken to hospital for treatment at 3pm before being discharged later that night.
Pickering confirmed the latest incident and said it was the second time Franklin has suffered a seizure-like episode.
“He had one at Hawthorn a couple of years ago, a similar type thing,” Pickering said.
“It’s rare, but it happens. It’s a private medical thing, do you reckon I’m going to talk about it?
“He missed a day training, everything was fine and he’s back playing. He’s good as gold.”
He insisted that Franklin’s diet and training would not need to change, saying he believed it would not happen again.
Sydney issued a statement on Friday night, saying that neither drugs or alcohol were involved in the incident.
Franklin, who has signed a $10 million nine-year deal with the Swans, played his first match with his new club on Thursday night.
He is certain to play in Sydney’s first game against Greater Western Sydney on March 15.