Sydney Swans new forward rushed to hospital earlier this year.
The ongoing healthy of Lance Franklin has been brought into a new light after revelations the new Sydney Swans signing was rushed to hospital in January suffered from a suspected seizure.
Franklin, who moved north from the Hawthorn Hawks this off-season for a rich $10-million multi year deal, was treated at his Bondi Beach apartment on January 3 before being taken to hospital.
Swans offcials admitted Franklin was admitted to hospital as a precautionary measure, that he did miss one training session, but said there were no long-term complications from the episode.
The club said drugs or alcohol were not to blame for the incident with Ambulance offciers confiring they attended a scene.
“The male person was taken to St Vincent’s Hospital in a stable condition,” a NSW Ambulance spokeswoman said.
The club confirmed Franklin has been in hospital but that there was nothing sinister and that there was no cover-up despite news of the incident surfacing only two months after.
“Franklin informed the Club and Club doctor immediately,” a Swans spokesman said.
“This was a minor medical matter and Franklin returned to training after missing just one session. Since then, Franklin has felt no ill-effects as a result.
“This is a private medical matter, and as to avoid any unnecessary speculation, Franklin’s doctor’s confirmed that neither alcohol nor drugs played a role.”