Manly Sea Eagles star Daly Cherry-Evans says he has never considered backing out of his move to NRL rivals Gold Coast Titans in 2016.
Russell Crowe says South Sydney Rabbitohs caused marriage break-up
Report: Sydney Roosters prop Martin Kennedy facing two-year drug ban
Todd Carney to Manly Sea Eagles? Geoff Toovey admits interest in controversial former Cronulla Sharks star
Cherry-Evans quashed speculation that he had changed his mind on a move to the Titans and expressed his displeasure over the treatment he received from various media outlets over the weekend.
“To put everything to bed, there has been no changes to my current contract situation,” Cherry-Evans is quoted as saying by AAP.
“I went through that process seven weeks ago and there is absolutely nothing to report.
“I understand speculation will remain until round 13 but there is nothing to report in changes to my contract.
“But the way I was treated over the weekend by some media outlets was very disappointing.”
The star half-back last week signed a four-year deal with the Titans beginning next season.
It was reported that the 26-year-old had backed out of the $5 million deal, with current NRL rules allowing the Test representative to reverse his decision prior to round 13.
Manly have endured a poor start to 2015, winning just one of its seven games so far.
The Sea Eagles suffered their sixth loss to the season on Friday after going down to the Canterbury Bulldogs by 12 points at ANZ Stadium.