B-Hop throws down challenge to Froch who he says is ducking him…
Bernard Hopkins has ripped Carl Froch by branding him a “coward” and has called him out to fight him in a world title showdown later this year.
Hopkins slams Froch for backing down: Veteran wants showdown with Froch.
Hearn says Hopkins and Golovkin options Froch: Chavez Jr remains top of the list.
Froch to vacate belt, DeGale to fight for IBF title: Chunky will fight on April 25 for vacant strap.
The American legend has launched his attack on Froch after the Nottingham-born fighter played down the possibility of fighting him and described it as a “lose-lose fight” for him.
Hopkins has certainly taken exception with his comments and his fiery response comes as Froch continues to avoid him and chase a fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr in Las Vegas this summer instead.
While some will argue that Froch has arrived at a point in his career where he has the right to pick his opponents, Hopkins certainly disagrees and had some harsh words for him.
“You should put all the pressure on that coward that calls himself one of the greatest European fighters of all time,” Hopkins exclusively told Sky Sports.
“That is not true, that’s an insult to Joe Calzaghe, and let me tell you something – that’s an insult to any great fighter that has come out of the UK from the past and the present.
“To hear a guy make excuses for a legitimate force that he knows he will lose against and possibly lose his career, like many other fighters did when they stepped in the ring with ‘The Alien’.”
Hopkins added that he is happy to fight in either Vegas or the UK to get in the ring with Froch, and their feud promises to grow in the coming months and it may well see them face off later in the year.
Froch vacated his IBF title earlier this month which will hand James DeGale the opportunity to take on Andre Dirrell on April 25, but he remains in possession of the WBA belt and Hopkins is set to step back down to the super-middleweight division.