Rossoneri will play behind closed doors while Mexes hit with four-game ban.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as AC Milan are hit with punishment for chants while Francesco Totti could be in the World Cup squad.
– ‘Red and black card'; What a punishment for AC Milan! Clamorous, San Siro will be closed to the fans against Udinese after chants in Turin against Neapolitans. It’s a first.
– Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani: “The rules over territorial racism must be changed.”
– As if that wasn’t enough, defender Philippe Mexes handed a four-match ban after his punch on Giorgio Chiellini on Sunday night.
– Francesco Totti dresses up in Azzurro. Cesare Prandelli alerts him and suggests that if he is playing like this in May, then he will take him to Brazil.
– Meanwhile, the Roma captain has insisted that he is focused on his club, but “never say never”.
– Porto star Fernando doesn’t renew, Inter Milan set to bid for him in January.
– Roma-Napoli rescheduled for Friday 18 October.
– Galliani: “They’ll kill us like this” – The judge dishes out a heavy punishment as San Siro will be closed and four-match ban for Mexes.
– Tough response from Milan: “Only 50 people are needed to ruin a club, the rules on territorial discrimination need to be changed.”
– The Lega writes to the Federation.
– Meanwhile, Prandelli admits that Totti is in “World Cup condition” and if the tournament was about to begin then he would certainly be called up.
– Here is the confirmation, Roma-Napoli on the 18th.
– Juventus discover the beauty of goals. The gems from Andrea Pirlo, Sebastian Giovinco are applauded by the Bianconero world.
– Jose Mourinho attacks divers like…Mario Balotelli.
– Juve against Prandelli. The CT’s call-ups open a situation. A few players are not in shape to face two useless World Cup qualifiers. The first on the list is Pirlo who may not play.
– The Federation replies: We have to form a squad.
– Milan, what blows! Four-match ban for Mexes with three included for TV evidence of his punch on Chiellini, and San Siro will be closed for Udinese clash because of fan chants.
– Gervasoni stopped! Referee punished for errors in the Sampdoria-Torino clash.
– Iturbe and Jorginho, the gold of a Verona who dream.
– Roma, + 24 per cent on the stock market.