Baylor QB Bryce Petty threw 6 TDs and achieved a 21-point comeback against a resilient TCU team on Saturday.
READ MORE:NY Jets WR starting – Eric Decker to start against his former team Ole Miss Rebels football – Rebels defeat Aggies in SEC matchup Alabama Crimson Tide football – Blake Sims leads Alabama to narrow victory over Arkansas
No lead is safe. That is or at least it should be the new mantra of teams playing against the Baylor Bears.
TCU had a commanding lead. 58-37 with under twelve minutes remaining in the 4th quarter against Baylor, but they made the error of simply not playing enough defense at the critical moments, allowing three straight TD drives and culminating in the game-winning FG as time wound down.
QB Bryce Petty looked like a legitimate Heisman winner – eerily similar to Baylor legend Robert Griffin III – by throwing for 510 yards and 6 TDs. The only things standing in the way of Baylor and an undefeated season – as well as a stake in the college football playoffs – at this point appear to be Oklahoma State and Oklahoma – but those two teams will need to play the best football of their lives in order to stop Bryce Petty.
Here is the power ranking of FBS undefeated teams:
6. Marshall – They have one of the best QBS in the nation no one is talking about with Raheem Cato, but it is unlikely that anyone will talk about them as they have no games on the schedule against a Big 5 team.
5. Notre Dame – If not for one of the most opportunistic defenses in college football, people would call this one of the ugliest offenses in football.
4. Ole Miss – Those wins against Alabama and Texas A&M were impressive and should keep them undefeated for at least a few more weeks, but Auburn and Mississippi State await in November.
3. Mississippi State – How will this team fare on the road against Alabama in November? It shouldn’t matter as they should trounce their next three opponents.
2. Florida State – This next game against Notre Dame will be telling as to whether this team is just a product of being a big fish in a small pond.
1. Baylor – They may not have the top 3 rank (yet), but Baylor is an offensive juggernaut with the kind of offense that can take a team to the Big XII title, the college football playoffs, and even to a national championship.