Italy coach questions fitness levels as his side slip to defeat.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as the Azzurri struggle to compete with Spain in their 1-0 loss in Madrid on Wednesday night.
– ‘We need more Italy’.
– Spain dominate, Prandelli is furious. Disappointing performance from the Azzurri in Madrid, Pedro scores for 1-0 result.
– Among our players, Cerci did well and Paletta’s debut was positive. Coach warns: ‘Embarrassing difference in fitness levels’.
– Hodgson, what a struggle to beat Denmark.
– Tabarez hits the brakes as Uruguay held 1-1 in Austria.
– Neymar show, France 2-0 against Holland and Vidal scares Germany.
– Comment: But England and Uruguay don’t scare us now.
– Italy Under-21 full of debutants stay in the hunt for Europe after 2-0 win in Northern Ireland.
– Berlusconi sells Milan? Lazard reportedly have a mandate.
– Balo plays ping pong and the club is annoyed. Mario, who is out with a shoulder injury, should’ve been resting.
– Marotta in Madrid. Juve, Real lunch with Morata on the menu.
– Van Persie emerges as a target.
– Vidic, a leader for Inter who grew up with football and war.
– Catenaccio is useless, as those who defend end up in Serie B.
– Italy: Spain are a long way off.
– World Champions play and the Azzurri struggle to contain them.
– Cerci hits the woodwork to make us believe, but Pedro decides after the break.
– England and Uruguay suffer.
– Sturridge breaks down Denmark, Pereira grabs Austria: our opponents don’t shine either.
– ‘Milan for sale!’. Report from Bloomberg, Fininvest immediately deny. The price-tag is €700m.
– ‘We need more’.
– Spain still superior: Cerci hits the upright, Pedro scores and Italy KO 1-0.
– Prandelli has three months to invent a team capable of facing the best in the world.
– Paletta debut the only positive note from the Madrid match.
– Under-21: Northern Ireland beaten and with two wins Italy can top the group.
– Juve: it’s Mustafi. Bianconeri invest in defence with the Doria player and a big European star too.
– Temperature rises for Fiorentina clash. Conte asks: ‘Do you want another 2-4?’.
– Gomez revives Viola ambitions: ‘I am in good shape and ready to score past Buffon’.
– ‘Milan are for sale’ – Bloomberg confirm our report.
– Toro, Moretti is playing already! Trio for San Siro tested out.
– Nicola: Let youngsters through.
– Iachini: ‘I’ll return to Serie A with my Palermo and then won’t let it go’.
– Inter, Thohir returns to decide for Zanetti. Vidic: Now it’s official.