Madrid miss opportunity as Ronaldo sees red.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Atletico Madrid take full advantage of results elsewhere to move alone at the top of La Liga.
– ‘Touching the sky’.
– Atleti become sole leaders. The best homage possible to Luis.
– The Calderon was packed and the atmosphere galvanised the team.
– Diego shone in his half-hour cameo and scored a goal too.
– David Villa went off injured.
– Diego Simeone: “Luis would be happy up there with the courage of the side”.
– San Mames intimidates Madrid. Los Blancos showed some doubts in their first big clash of the year.
– Ayza drove Madrid crazy and sent off Cristiano.
– Jese’s goal was overshadowed by a great goal from Ibai Gomez.
– Solitary leaders.
– Simeone: “Luis would be happy with the courage of the players”.
– Thrones at San Mames. A brave game, two golazos from Jese and Ibai and a harsh red card for Cristiano Ronaldo.
– Elche bounce back. Ruben Castro gives Betis life. Two goals from the Canarian gave his side a rare win.
– Villarreal’s Champions League hopes. They need to win to get closer to fourth spot.
– A decisive week for Martino. Against Real and Sevilla he must solve their grave problems.
– A red card keeps Barca alive.
– Atletico take control at the top, Barca are second after 59 match days as leaders, Madrid remain in third.
– Simeone’s men sense glory after destroying La Real. Cristiano was sent off after hitting the face of Gurpegi.
– CR7 makes a gesture of disrespect to Ayza Gomez.
– Goodbye Sabio. The football world says goodbye to Luis and the Calderon gives his a homage.
– Neymar breaks his silence and explodes. “Many people are saying terrible things, we have many fake friends”.
– “I would die to see my son, I miss him a lot”.