Brazilian legend Ronaldo also discusses Spanish football.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Marca celebrate the incredible start to the season for Real Madrid’s Isco.
– ‘The best number 10’; Isco’s stunning start to the season betters that of Zinedine Zidane, Wesley Sneijder, Kaka and Mesut Ozil.
– At just 21 years of age, he has already taken over the reins. 83 per cent of his passes have been successful, he has shot eight times and scores four goals.
– Meanwhile, in the Europa League, Sevilla win, Betis deserve more and Valencia are thrashed.
– Top of Europe; Atletico, Barcelona and Napoli only teams that have won all their games so far in their domestic league and the Champions League.
– Atletico Madrid winger Arda Turan set to renew deal until 2017.
– Barca doubts; Gerard Pique: “We have a very defined style and Tata was to fine tune it”, while Cesc Fabregas says “there is nothing in particular wrong, but, there are doubts”.
– “Florentino Perez’s sacking of Vicente Del Bosque was a mistake” says Brazilian legend Ronaldo who opens up on the Spanish game in a revealing interview.
– “Nor today do I understand what happened back then, when we were celebrating La Liga, he was asked to leave”
– “One hundred years will pass and we will still remember this Barcelona team, they are historical”
– “I do not want to say it, but, in my era there was a higher level”
– “Now, Messi and Cristiano are the only two at a high level”
– ‘Mister Hat-Trick’; Barcelona star Lionel Messi has more match-day balls than anybody, at the age of 24 he has 19 hat-tricks and 4 doubles.
– Meanwhile, Barca defender Carles Puyol will return on October 5. The veteran completed a full session on Thursday, while Marc Bartra could force Pique on to the bench this weekend.
– The third shirt will be black and it will debut in Glasgow in the Champions League clash against Celtic next month.
– Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is on the attack as he reveals that Arsenal ace Mesut Ozil asked to leave the club as he “couldn’t handle the pressure”.