Controversy also rumbles on from Elche win.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has doubts ahead of the Madrid derby this weekend.
– Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti is worried about the performances of his team as he prepares them for their first real test in the Madrid derby this weekend.
– The Italian tactician is working on correcting his side and has them focusing on improving at Valdebebas. He is hopeful of a reaction from his players after the controversy at Elche.
– He will have Gareth Bale back after the Welshman has recovered from his muscular injuries and will be in the team.
– Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo and Diego Costa will be aiming to increase their own personal goal tallies in the clash.
– Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta says he still has a place at Barcelona.
– Out in the cold; Muniz’s failure in Elche has seen him condemned.
– Bale and Marcelo available for the derby. However, Ancelotti is unsure whether he starts them both or not.
– Controversy surrounding the penalty decision at Elche rumbles on as Muniz is condemned in Madrid and told to leave.
– Diego Costa, the man of the moment, not called up by Brazil. Speculation the Spanish federation had asked if he could play for them, but Costa admits that he will “not be able to say no to the first call”.
– Iniesta: “There is no way between me and the club over my contract, I will continue here.”
– ‘Scandal!’; Has the league been bought? Pepe knew what he was doing, his actions worthy of the theatre. Pique tweets with Arbeloa.
– Rosell on the situation: “Even I could not believe it”.
– Penalty ranking under Real Madrid president Florentino Perez; Madrid have a score of 34, 44 in favour and ten against.
– Muniz committed robbery in Elche and has already helped Madrid on four occasions in six match days.
– Iniesta: “My desire is to finish my career with Barca”.