As if Alex Rodriguez needed more media reminders of his steroid use at this critical point in his career…
Former Biogenesis owner Anthony Bosch, who prescribed and injected New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez with steroids, has been sentenced to four years in federal prison.
According to the Associated Press, a U.S. District Judge handed down the sentence to Bosch, who was seeking a more lenient term because of his cooperation in the federal investigation of his South Florida clinic that provided illegal performance enhancing supplements to Major League Baseball players.
Bosch pleaded guilty in October to conspiracy to distribute testosterone to athletes from the now-closed Biogenesis of America clinic in Coral Gables. Bosch’s most notable customer was New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez, who Bosch later ratted out to the DEA.
In a report from this past November, it was revealed that Rodriguez had admitted under oath that he had used steroids from 2010 to 2012 after receiving them from Bosch.
Among the many “treatments” A-Rod reportedly received were as follows:
– Supplies of testosterone cream, lozenges laced with testosterone (aka “gummies”) and human growth hormone injections.
– HGH injections into his stomach.
– Injections in the buttocks with a red liquid substance administered by Anthony Bosch.
– 5 to 10 injections with with a “clear liquid substance in the buttocks,” which Bosch allegedly told Rodriguez were “vitamins.”
– “Tips on how to beat MLB’s drug testing,” according to the DEA report. “Bosch advised him to only use mid-stream urine for MLB drug testing. Bosch told Rodriguez not to use the beginning or the end urine stream.”