USC QB Cody Kessler can bring the Trojans to the Pac-12 title game for the first time since the Pete Carroll days with a win today.
READ MORE:Cleveland Cavaliers head coach LeBron James – LeBron won’t let David Blatt coach the team? LA Lakers Kobe Bryant contract – Lakers star says he took big discount to stay with team Washington Wizards beat Cleveland Cavaliers – Wizards upset the Cavs and beat LeBron
In a year where the Penn State Nittany Lions have already become bowl eligible, the USC Trojans are now only one win away from returning to the PAC-12 title game – a location they haven’t been since they had Pete Carroll, Mark Sanchez and Clay Matthews leading them to a Rose Bowl win over (ironically) Penn State.
With a win today against #9 UCLA – not an easy task by any means – USC would clinch the PAC-12 South division title and would face Oregon in Week 14 for the title. While USC would not become College Football Playoff eligible with PAC-12 title, they would still manage to shake off the years of misery that have plagued the team since Pete Carroll left the team with a forfeited Heisman trophy and two years of bowl sanctions.
Here are the five best games to watch in Week 13 of College Football:
5. Boston College vs. #3 Florida State – Out of the four games between the top four College Football Playoff contenders, this is the only one that looks interesting. Boston College beat #9 USC early in the season so they have upset potential, and FSU has played a lot of games close to the chest this season. Should be an interesting, maybe even close game for much of the match.
4. #24 Louisville vs. Notre Dame – Fighting Irish QB Everett Golson is one of the most exciting players in football – because of what he does when he plays great and what he does when he plays poorly. Right now Notre Dame looks like an absolute mess, but as long as Golson is the QB, the team will always be within a drive or two from being in the game REGARDLESS of the number of turnovers they commit.
3. #15 Arizona vs. #17 Utah – If either one of these teams hopes to play for the PAC-12 title (assuming USC loses tonight), they need to get a win, and Arizona and Utah have been two of the most impressive teams in the PAC-12 this season. It’ll be a good game that might come down to a single score.
2. #16 Wisconsin vs. Iowa – Said it before and will say it again: Melvin Gordon is must-see TV. After he broke the record for rushing yards in a single game, he is poised to become the fastest RB to achieve 2,000 yards in a season. That and the fact that the Badgers need one win and a loss by Minnesota to clinch a spot in the Big Ten title game.
1. #19 USC vs. #9 UCLA – Nothing beats a Southern California rivalry game. Plenty of speed, lots of scoring, a PAC-12 title shot on the line, but just as importantly, a duel between two very good QBs that could be top prospects in 2015 or 2016.