James knocked off top spot by Knicks star.
As well as being in the midst of an incredible scoring streak on the court, Carmelo Anthony is leading the way off it too with NBA jersey sales.
The New York Knicks star moved ahead of Kevin Durant in the NBA scoring leader race this past week, and has now claimed the No.1 spot on the NBA’s top selling jerseys list.
In addition, his franchise are also the top-selling team since the beginning of the 2012/13 season.
The rankings are based on sales taken at the NBA Store in New York and NBAStore.com from November of last year to present day.
Anthony rose from number four to take the top spot from reigning NBA champion LeBron James, who slips to second place, while Durant makes up the top three. It is the first time since the rankings were started back in 2001 that a Knicks player has topped the charts.
While the Knicks take top spot in the most popular merchandise by team, they are closely followed by the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Brooklyn Nets and Chicago Bulls in the top five.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
1. Carmelo Anthony – New York Knicks
2. LeBron James – Miami Heat
3. Kevin Durant – Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers
5. Derrick Rose – Chicago Bulls
6. Deron Williams – Brooklyn Nets
7. Dwyane Wade – Miami Heat
8. Rajon Rondo – Boston Celtics
9. Chris Paul – Los Angeles Clippers
10. Blake Griffin – Los Angeles Clippers
11. Kyrie Irving – Cleveland Cavaliers
12. Dwight Howard – Los Angeles Lakers
13. Russell Westbrook – Oklahoma City Thunder
14. Amar’e Stoudemire – New York Knicks
15. Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics