Colts QB Andrew Luck threw 3 TDs in a futile effort against the Eagles.
READ MORE:Indianapolis Colts – Colts lose to Philadelphia Eagles 27-30 Andrew Luck face – Check out video of Colts QB’s blank stare as team squanders lead Darren Sproles – RB has career day for Philadelphia
Here are the takeaways from the Eagles 30-27 comeback win over the Indianapolis Colts:
5. Andrew Luck can’t always win on his own – It’s odd to see Andrew Luck fail to make a game-winning drive, but not everyone can be Tom Brady or Eli Manning when the team needs a score in the final moments of a game.
4. Trent Richardson still not paying dividends for Colts – The Colts traded a first round draft pick to the Browns for Trent Richardson, who averaged only 3.8 yards/carry on 21 attempts – that is unacceptable.
3. Philadelphia Eagles are very slow starters – Two straight games coming back from 14+ point deficits to start a season is an NFL record, and not a good sign if they end up playing a team that knows how to play 60 minutes of football.
2. Eagles don’t miss Desean Jackson – No Desean? No problem – Darren Sproles has filled the void of a shifty back nicely.
1. Colts need a pass rush desperately – This defense can’t seem to stop a nosebleed without Robert Mathis. In any other division in football that would be a problem, thankfully the Colts still have 6 division games against Tennessee, Houston and Jacksonville.