Spurs reportedly put off by asking price along with Dortmund.
Tottenham have been ruled out of the race to sign Atletico Mineiro midfielder Bernard, according to the player’s agent.
Along with Dortmund, the pair are claimed to be unwilling to meet the Brazilian club’s valuation of the player, thus paving the way for a switch to Porto.
Shakhtar Donetsk have also been credited with an interest, but it is unclear at this stage as to whether they will submit an offer.
The 20-year-old has caught the eye of numerous clubs in Europe with his club form, and featured as a bit-part player for Brazil at the Confederations Cups.
His agent, Adriano Spadoto, has now spoken about his future and has indicated which his most likely destination is set to be.
“The negotiations with Dortmund and Tottenham have cooled due to Bernard’s high asking price, and he won’t go to any of these clubs.
“There is nothing from Shakhtar, they have made no offer,” he told O Tempo as quoted by Sky Sports.
Porto have also stolen a march on their rivals thanks to their connections with the BMG bank, who have links with both the Portuguese outfit and also Mineiro.
“The agreement (with BMG) is a factor, so Porto are the most likely destination for Bernard,” said Spadoto.
“I believe that Bernard will leave Atletico Mineiro after the Copa Libertadores and the official announcement will be made by (Mineiro president) Alexandre Kalil.”
It will come as a disappointment to Spurs, who would have hoped to have been able to continue their spending spree after snapping up Bernard’s international team-mate Paulinho.
The emotional Brazilian midfielder revealed on Monday that an agreement had been reached to take him to White Hart Lane, but he will not be joined there by the Miniero star.