Catalonia paper stokes up rivalry between Barca and Madrid.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Mundo Deportivo suggest that Lionel Messi is a “victim of a campaign” from Madrid to end his dominance.
– Time for the young ones to shine.
– The youthful Real Madrid side up against the threat of a Segunda B side in the Copa del Rey.
– Eyes on another Alcoronazo.
– Dream journey. Olimpic on the bus for 400 km from Xativa to the Bernabeu.
– Neymar could cost double. The operation could see his transfer fee rise to €141.8 million if certain demands are made.
– Pedro returns to form against Cartagena.
– Another heroic achievement from Alcorcon. Two penalties see them overcome Granada.
– Adrian renews until 2018.
– Today we play at the Santiago Bernabeu.
– Europe suspects wrongdoing in Spanish football.
– The European Commission start inquiries into Athletic, Barca, Real Madrid, Osasuna, Valencia, Hercules and Elche.
– Xativa take two hours to find a hotel.
– Alcorconazo in Los Carmenes. They level the tie and then win on penalties.
– A day to gain experience.
– Diego Simeone’s side up against Saint Andreu with Manquillo, Oliver, Gimenez and Baptistao..
– Emotional send off for Amaya: “My story has been written”.
– They are after Messi.
– Leo is the victim of a campaign from Madrid that is trying to end his dominance. It cannot be tolerated for during the ‘Messi era’ Barca have triumphed many titles.
– Barca have won 21 titles since 2008. Madrid have won just 8 titles in the same period.
– They fear the Neymar-Leo partnership and want to make Cristiano Ronaldo the icon of reference.
– Comfortable progression to the round of 16. Pedro continues his good run of form and opened the scoring and now Barca wait for Getafe.
– Neymar also scored in the Copa after some great play with Iniesta.
– Valencia present Nico Estevez as their new boss.
– Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti ends talk of referees. The coach of Xativa does not discount a miracle happening.