World Cup star confirms he had contact with French giants.
Chelsea playmaker Oscar has told the French media that he did have contact with Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain earlier in the summer, but has insisted that he will not be leaving Stamford Bridge during the upcoming transfer window, according to Sky Sports.
The 22-year-old has been just one of several Blues stars linked with an exit from the club this summer as manager Jose Mourinho continues to overhaul his squad ahead of the new campaign.
Oscar, who is enjoying an eye-catching World Cup campaign with Brazil, was a key figure under Mourinho last term – although he also drew criticism from the Portuguese tactician, who was less than impressed with his performances towards the end of the season.
And following Brazil’s 4-1 victory over Cameroon in their final group game on Monday, Oscar was asked about PSG’s apparent interest in his services, where he admitted that there had been some contact with the Parisian big spenders, who have already raided the club this month for David Luiz.
“I had contacts with PSG, that is true, but it did not go any further,” he said.
“And next season, I will stay at Chelsea.”