Moroccan international says he has spoken with Seedorf.
New AC Milan signing Adel Taarabt has revealed that he is “honoured to play for the biggest club in Italy” after his loan move from QPR was confirmed on Thursday.
The 24-year-old arrived in Milan and underwent his medical tests on Thursday afternoon, and also revealed that he had spoken to coach Clarence Seedorf ahead of his switch.
Taarabt is likely to face stiff competition for a place in the starting line-up, with the likes of Kaka, Keisuke Honda and Robinho all challenging for the same roles in Seedorf’s 4-2-3-1 system.
However, he appears confident that he will be able to work his way into the Dutchman’s plans and revealed that he is looking forward to playing alongside Mario Balotelli.
“I am honoured to be able to play at the best club in the world,” Taarabt has told Milan Channel, with the full interview viewable below.
“I have spoken with Seedorf and we are both happy. I am an attacker and I like to play behind the strikers.”
The Moroccan arrives on loan for the remainder of this season, and both clubs will discuss his future in the summer with no pre-agreement for a permanent move.
Taarabt is the second signing for Milan since Seedorf replaced Massimiliano Allegri, following Michael Essien from England after the former Chelsea star was presented to the media earlier this week.
To listen to Taarabt’s full interview with Milan Channel this morning, watch the video below: