Despite having played one game in 20123/14 Essien has a Q&A.
It’s been an indifferent career at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien since joining the club for a colossal £24m in 2005 from Olympique Lyon.
There have been some highs for the Ghana international in west London, winning two Premier League titles, four FA Cups and the Champions League.
Despite operating as a defensive midfielder this period of success also included some memorable strikes, most notably the efforts against Arsenal in the league and Barcelona in Europe.
However, an injury ravaged few years saw Essien become almost forgotten in west London, until Jose Mourinho gave the 30-year-old a lifeline last term whilst in charge of Real Madrid.
The African spent a year on-loan at the Santiago Bernabeu with the manager the player calls ‘daddy’, but upon returning to the Blues with Mourinho has had very limited opportunities to play.
Essien’s playing time for the club in 2013/14 has consisted of one appearance in the League Cup and the former star does not look like being in Mourinho’s plans.
Despite all of this the midfielder has conducted an ‘Ask Michael Essien’ hashtag on Instagram and as always the Q&A has been hijacked by jokers.
Here are fanatix’s favourite questions from some humourous football fans:
1. Who’s the longest in the shower? – Stolen from television show Soccer AM but still funny.
2. Do you get frustrated being left on the bench by “daddy”? – Sly dig at Essien’s admittedly creepy nickname for Mourinho.
3. Can you please retire soon? – Straight to the point, according to this person you’re rubbish Michael.
4. Can I please have £200k? – At least they’re polite.
5. You’re better than Mikel, so why don’t you play? – A backhanded compliment at best.
Dapatkan Chelsea rumor transfer dan berita dalam Bahasa Indonesia di fanatix ID!