Spaniard has been at the DW stadium since June 2009.
In-demand Wigan Athletic head coach Roberto Martinez says that he will make a final decision about his future next week, reports Sky Sports.
The Spaniard has just guided the Latics to the first piece of silverware in the club’s history after beating Manchester City 1-0 in the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium earlier this month.
However, that joy was short-lived after Wigan were then relegated to the Championship after an eight-year stay in the Premier League following a 4-1 loss to Arsenal at the Emirates last Tuesday night.
And that has since heightened speculation that the 39-year-old will quit the club this summer, with Everton understood to be keen to bring Martinez to Goodison Park next season to replace the departing David Moyes, who has taken over from retiring Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in the dug-out at Old Trafford.
Martinez has been in charge of Wigan since 2009, during which time he has overseen 176 matches, winning just 51 of those contests.
“Over the next week we’ll sit down with the chairman and we’ll decide,” Martinez told Sky Sports News.
“But it’s just a time to be proud of the achievement of the last eight years at this level, making sure we can bounce back.
“But the football club financially and in terms of history, we’re ready to break even more ground, playing in the Europa League in the group stages, and carry on making that belief and pride of Wigan very strong.”