Allenby says the media has ruined his reputation following his reported bashing and robbery in Honolulu.
Robert Allenby says he is angered by alleged false media reports following his Hawaii robbery.
SEE ALSO: CRICKET WORLD CUP NEWS
Six of the biggest ever upsets of the ICC Cricket World Cup after Ireland’s shock win over West Indies
Cricket World Cup 2015: Australia coach Darren Lehmann slams spin-king Shane Warne for Michael Clarke comments
Cricket World Cup Highlights: Australia THRASH England – Best team in competition?.
The golfer was reportedly bashed and robbed in Honolulu after he missed the cut in a PGA Tour Event last month.
A media storm then followed, with reports surfacing that Allenby ran up a massive credit card bill at a strip club during the period of the night he could not remember.
Allenby was later cleared of visiting the strip club, but the investigation into how he received his injuries remains open.
“I’m not relieved or anything like that,” Allenby is quoted as saying by AAP.
“I am disappointed more than anything.
“I am disappointed in the media worldwide and how they can report such false information about a human being.
“The whole time I have been the victim but my name will always be attached to a strip club that I was never at.
“I have my own children and a lot of children who follow me.
“I have a children’s cancer foundation (Challenge – supporting kids with cancer) where I have been the head patron for 24 years and raised $29 million and when there were rumours of them wanting to get rid of me as a head figure, it is devastating.
“I have put my heart and soul into that my whole life because a family friend died of cancer when we were 13 and for something like this to come up and potentially destroy that for me, is devastating, especially because I have done nothing wrong. Nothing.”
Allenby will now turn his attention to the Northern Trust Open at the Riviera Country Club, which begins on Wednesday.