The Atletico Madrid striker makes it clear he has not agreed a deal with Monaco.
Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United are back in the running for Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao as the striker denies he is moving to AS Monaco.
In the build-up to the Copa Del Rey final between Atleti and city rivals Real Madrid, Falcao made it clear that no deal had been made between himself and the Principality club.
“If everything the media said was right, I would have already signed for half of Europe. They have said I am going to Manchester United, to Chelsea, to Real Madrid,” the 27-year-old was quoted on sport360.com.
“I don’t know what to think anymore. The only thing that is true is that I still have a contract with Atletico Madrid.”
On Thursday Monaco goalkeeper Danijel Subasic revealed that the team had been told a deal to sign Falcao was ’90-per-cent done.’
Yet these fresh comments from the Colombian seem to rubbish Subasic’s claims and will give renewed optimism to the Premier League clubs looking to snap up the forward.
Falcao is one of Europe’s most coveted and deadly hit-men and has netted 28 goals in just 33 games for Atletico this season in La Liga – only behind the ever-prolific Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in the top scorer rankings.
Since the Colombia international’s £34.7million move to the Vicente Calderon Stadium in 2011 he has scored 70 goals for the club.
The 2012 Europa League winners would not be willing to give up their prized asset easily though and although a deal to Ligue 1 isn’t yet finalised, it would take a colossal bid from Chelsea or United to tempt the Spanish club into selling.