Get all of the latest information and watch every second of the game here live.
Where: Adelaide Oval
When: Saturday July 5, 10.40am (BST)
Watch live: Click here to watch online with AFL Global Pass!
Port Adelaide will be looking to bounce back from its shock loss to crosstown rivals Adelaide as they take on Essendon at the Adelaide Oval.
Both sides have a huge amount to play for, with Port looking to cement itself inside the top two, whilst the Bombers need a win to keep its finals hopes alive.
Port Adelaide will be without key defender Jackson Trengove who’ll miss the game through injury, while Essendon have issues of their own with Michael Hibberd out with an ankle injury.
Ken Hinkley’s side go into the match as heavy favourites, but history is on Essendon’s side having won the last four encounters between the two.
It will be a close one, but Port should have enough to see off the Bombers.
1. Essendon’s current winning sequence of four games against Port Adelaide is a club record; prior to this the Power had won 12 of 14 contests.
2. The Power continues to be a strong inside 50 team, taking the ball into the forward line an average of 57.7 times a match, ranking them second in the League. The Bombers are seventh with 51.9 entries a game.
3. In the Bombers’ win over the Power in 2013 it was the key forwards who proved the difference. Tom Bellchambers kicked five goals and Michael Hurley three.
4. Port Adelaide lost its first game at Adelaide Oval last week against Adelaide; it was only the second time this year it kicked less than 100 points in a game and their final score of 10.16 (76) was a new club low at the ground.
5. Essendon remains the number-one kicking side in 2014, averaging 230 a game. But Port Adelaide isn’t far behind, ranked third with 214.5 a game.
6. Robbie Gray’s superb season could spell trouble for Essendon. Not only is he equal first for goal assists this year, he has kicked 11 goals in his last three outings against the Bombers. Gray still only rates 125th in the Official AFL Player Ratings.