Mayweather claims that he set up meeting after NBA game…
Arum says no deadline for Mayweather-Pacquiao: Promoter open to talks continuing.
Khan says Mayweather-Pacquiao will never happen: Brit wants fight with either.
Mayweather denied entry to Australia: American has “character concerns” after history.
Floyd Mayweather has taken to social media network Shots to insist that he wants the fight with Manny Pacquiao and shared an image of the pair negotiating.
Mayweather insisted that he set up the meeting between the rivals after they met for the first time at an NBA game last week between the Milwaukee Bucks and Miami Heat.
The two pound-for-pound greats met at Pacquiao’s hotel suit to agree that they would negotiate directly, but comments from Pacquiao’s camp over the last week have suggested that the unbeaten American is to blame for there being no announcement yet.
However, Mayweather has moved to set the record straight and told his fans that they are lying about being the ones pushing to make the fight happen while they wait for him to agree to the terms.
Pacquiao has now long stated that he agrees to the 60-40 purse split in favour of Mayweather, along with the venue, date and drug-testing protocol as well as various other aspects to the night itself.
Nevertheless, promoter Bob Arum revealed earlier this week that he was frustrated with the lack of urgency being shown from Mayweather’s side, but he then returned to a more diplomatic stance by insisting that there was no deadline for talks to conclude.
It remains to be seen whether or not the fight will eventually get made ahead of the proposed May 2 date, but there is clear evidence that the duo have been in face-to-face talks…