Spanish giants ready to face off at the Calderon.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Atletico Madrid prepare to host title rivals Barcelona at the Calderon on Saturday night.
– Duel at the summit.
– The search for the Champion (of winter). Tata Martino ponders starting Lionel Messi and taking him off at the break.
– Yesterday he tested out a side without Neymar.
– Atletico to reuse the 4-5-1 . The best attack against the best defence.
– El Cholo: “We are a team from the village”. Tata: “It is easy to make to without Messi and have him come off the bench”.
– Xabi: “There is not better place to play than at Madrid”.
– Carlo Ancelotti: “We will go to great lengths to ensure Iker Casillas finishes his career here”.
– Irregularities in the signing of Neymar. The fiscal authorities urge that the information is given to Fifa, including the contracts of the player and an investigation in Brazil.
– The winter final.
– The Calderon will be packed to the brim to see the best from the first half of the season as Cholo Simeone is expecting a gala.
– Thibaut Courtois: “We do not have Barca in our hands”.
– Tata Martino considers starting Messi from the bench and playing him in the second half.
– Ancelotti: “We will do everything to keep Iker here”.
– Seven of the twelve stadiums for the World Cup continue being worked on. The President of FIFA has to assure Blatter after his criticisms.
– Duel of champions.
– The Copa del Rey champions welcome the La Liga champions in a game where three vital points are up for grabs.
– Messi will play a part either from the start or not.
– Simeone: “Barca are more direct, more dangerous now”.
– Martino: “Now we are better than in the summer”.
– Real Madrid: Xabi Alonso, 100 per cent a Madridista.