Midfield general ready to make full comeback for La Roja.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Xabi Alonso is set to take control of Spain again, while Gerard Pique discusses Barcelona.
– ‘Return of the professor’. Xabi Alonso takes control of Spain again.
– His presence changes Real Madrid and his return should give consistency to Vicente Del Bosque’s Spain.
– He has not played for Spain since March after suffering from an injury plagued six months.
– Spain have recovered the best midfield-pairing in the world.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “It is not Ibra v CR7, but Sweden versus Portugal”.
– Atletico: A record number of members, 62,000.
– “Welcome Aitor” Karanka presented as Middlesbrough manager.
– Guinea insist on being pictured with us. Obiang will demand to have his photo taken with the champions.
– Amnesty international and Human Rights ask for suspension. The government takes responsibility for the actions of the Spanish FA.
– Cristiano Ronaldo: Golden Boot. He leads the scoring charts ahead of Valskis and Diego Costa.
– Borussia Dortmund want Diego Costa as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski at the end of the season. However, Chelsea and Arsenal are also following the Spaniard.
– Andoni Zubizarreta has a month and a half to renew Marc Bartra’s contract.
– “If Leo wins the Balon d’Or, I will laugh a lot,” says Barcelona team-mate Gerard Pique.
– “We have betrayed our style, long balls are not sacrilege, they are a solution”.
– Meeting between Tata Martino and Zubi.
– Homage to Fernando Caceres.
– Spain, more red than ever after unveiling the World Cup kits.
– Brazil: Ticket Brazil for the Charruas and Aztecas.