Simeone vs Ancelotti as the Italian tactician needs big-game win.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as the Copa del Rey clash between city rivals Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid dominate the front pages.
– Who is in control here?
– Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid The derby of the invincibles.
– Carlo Ancelotti’s side welcomes Diego Simeone’s leaders and reigning Copa champions.
– The Italian needs a big win against a big team.
– Barca: The final is in their hands.
– Ayza does not what it is he made the call for. The referee confessed in private that he red carded Ronaldo for his attack on Gurpegi and yesterday he changed his version and said it was for the riff-raff with Iturraspe.
– The big brands are turning their back on Neymar. The fiasco over his contract details has seen the big brands lose interest in sponsoring him.
– Iker Casillas, the bane of Atletico. He has missed the last two losses.
– In 14 years (24 games) he has never lost to city rivals.
– Carlo Ancelotti: “Simeone does not believe his side are favourites”.
– Simeone: “Madrid are better, they have now found a system”.
– A Barca not in great shape welcome La Real. Tata Martino: “I am always worried until we win”.
– Arrasate: “This generation want a final”.
– Diego could start.
– The ‘Cristiano case’ is a mess. Ayza changes his version and the Competition Committee ask for new statement.
– Madrid will present their case even though it is considered that it won’t change a thing.
– Martino defines the games as such today. The coach could go with a surprise eleven.
– From the start, Lionel Messi could not play along with Andres Iniesta, Pedro and Sergio Busquets.
– Night of stars: More than a 1000 guests came for the MD gala.
– Tito looked for Heynckes to thank him for his kind words.
– The hour of the brave. Atleti want to do well in the competition that has come to define their season.