Rossi hits hat-trick and lights up Serie A on Sunday
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Fiorentina seal a remarkable comeback win over bitter rivals Juventus.
– ‘Golden Pepito’; Stunning Fiorentina comeback, as Juventus collapse. The Bianconeri dominate for 70 minutes and score through Carlos Tevez and Paul Pogba.
– However, everything then changes as Viola incredibly win thanks to Giuseppe Rossi. Champagne party in the dressing room, as the Della Valle brothers label it an “historic win”.
– Roma are now five points clear at the top of the Serie A table, while this is a championship of records.
– Inter Milan just miss out on a feat, as a ‘Super’ Rodrigo Palacio is not enough.
– AC Milan: Valter Birsa to start against Barcelona, as they welcome back the Champions League at the San Siro on Tuesday night.
– Massimiliano Allegri set to return to the old 4-3-3, while Kaka is expected to only come on in the second half.
– ‘Rossi! Juve shock’; Historic comeback from the Viola. From 0-2 to 4-2 in 15 minutes, with Rossi hitting three goals.
– Juventus boss Antonio Conte admits it is “a wallop”, as Roma remain five points clear at the top.
– Inter Milan fury at the referee, while their fans will be on trial for chants.
– ‘Juve, bring out your pride’; Bianconeri overwhelmed by Fiorentina, and on Wednesday there is Real Madrid.
– Champions led by two goals through Tevez and Pogba, but concede four times in 15 minutes.
– Hat-trick from Rossi and a goal from Joaquin seal memorable comeback.
– Crazy Torino against Inter. First they throw it away then they save it. Penalty missed, go ahead twice with 11 against 10 and then risk losing. Nevertheless, Bellomo takes care of things and seals a 3-3 draw.
– Verona, a comeback to fly. Meanwhile, the KO against Cagliari costs Maran the sack and will be replaced by Gigi De Canio at Catania.