Dutch giants secured 2-1 win over Catalans on Tuesday night.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain with reaction to Barcelona’s loss to Ajax as the Bernabeu prepares for ‘Ronaldo night’.
– ‘Greats among greats’.
– The best of world sport come together to recognise Rafa Nadal as the best ever Spanish sportsman.
– Marca awards Nadal the award as the legend among legends.
– Marca awards the best sports players of the last 75 years of the publication’s existence.
– Indurain: “Rafa is the leader, the rest of us are behind him”.
– ‘Cristian-Gold-aldo’. The crack is resting but will still be a protagonist in the next game.
– The Portuguese star will miss the game against Galatasaray on Wednesday night due to injury, but there will be 45,000 Ronaldo masks to be present at the Bernabeu.
– Ajax make Barca blush after defeat in Amsterdam. Gerard Pique: “There is no excuse, we did not give a good image of ourselves”.
– A mistake by Thibaut Courtois costs Atletico Madrid as they are held to a 1-1 draw by Zenit.
– ‘Something to forget’.
– An unrecognisable Barca was unable to come back against ten men of Ajax after falling to 2-1 defeat which leaves the top spot in the group open along with AC Milan.
– Tata Martino’s team, plagued by injuries, played a terrible first half with Xavi scoring a penalty.
– The team was critical of itself, “With this attitude we can go out onto the field”.
– Champions League: A mistake by Courtois impedes Atletico’s chances of victory.