Azzurri drawn against Uruguay, England and Costa Rica.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as there is reaction to the World Cup draw which has pitted the Azzurri in a difficult group.
– ‘Italy pays the price’. After Sepp Blatter and Zinedine Zidane gave us another ‘headbutt’ by picking Uruguay, England and Costa Rica.
– Tough games, long journeys and humidity. France instead pick Switzerland, Honduras and Ecuador.
– Cesare Prandelli: ‘It is the Group of Death, but I fear the heat more’.
– Arturo Vidal and Giorgio Chiellini plus Gianluigi Buffon, Juve are unstoppable.
– A 2-0 victory in Bologna is their seventh in a row. Buffon sets a new personal best in a single campaign of 640 minutes without conceding.
– Bianconeri go six points clear of Roma, who will face Fiorentina.
– The eight days of Rafa Benitez with a gift: Di Natale is injured.
– Massimiliano Allegri grit: ‘Milan, it’s time to climb back up’.
– Ezequiel Lavezzi opens the door: ‘Inter? Who knows….’ but PSG won’t let go.
– Roma hope, will Rudi Garcia call Francesco Totti?
– Cairo’s plan: ‘Name the Stadio Olimpico after the Grande Torino side’.
– ‘Scandal’. Shameful World Cup draw gives us England and Uruguay, while France get an extremely easy group despite being a long way back in the FIFA rankings.
– Cesare Prandelli: ‘I am not worried’. Our opener is in the Amazon with record humidity against England at 3am Italian time.
– Spain-Holland straight away to repeat the 2010 Final.
– The inaugural game will be Brazil-Croatia.
– No stopping Juve, super Vidal beats Bologna. Chilean scores early on and sets the tone for the Bianconeri.
– Pioli’s side seek an equaliser, but at the end Chiellini makes it 2-0.
– Allegri tries to climb back up.
– Benitez: These are decisive days.
– Rossi show: ‘Champions League and World Cup, I am ready’.
– Italy scare Edinson Cavani and Wayne Rooney.
– World Cup draw pits us against Uruguay, England and Costa Rica. Prandelli surprises everyone: ‘I fear Costa Rica and the climate’.
– It’s a tough group, but within our reach. What a group with Spain, Holland and Chile.
– Great Juve, you are a cyclone of Six-cess.
– Bianconeri go six points clear of Roma with their 2-0 at Bologna thanks to Vidal and Chiellini.
– Conte sets a record with his seventh consecutive victory.
– El Kaddouri: ‘Now I feel like myself’. Bovo under the knife.
– Benitez: ‘Now I want a response’.
– Allegri tries for a fightback at Livorno.