Bartomeu replaces the out-going president.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as there is reaction to Barcelona president Sandro Rosell resigning in midst of Neymar scandal.
– Sandro Rosell runs away from the scandal.
– The first victim of the ‘Neymar case’, Sandro resigns.
– “My time has ended,” Rosell.
– He claims that “attacks and threats”, “injustices and fearful accusations”, “desperation and envy from the rivals” and insists “the signing was lawful”.
– Bartomeu, who also signed the contracts of Neymar and who is also involved in the investigation, is the new President.
– San Mames has the word.
– Rosell resigns without explaining why.
– He is succeeded by vice President Josep Maria Bartomeu.
– He spoke for an hour and a half and did not answer one question.
– Cristiano to show off his Ballon d’Or to the Bernabeu tomorrow. It will be a full house against Granada.
– Calderon to debut in Vigo: “We need heroes”.
– A goal from Godin gives Atletico the advantage but the tie will be decided at San Mames.
– Rosell resigns.
– 1. A club permanently judged.
– 2. The President’s mandates.
– 3. The arrival of Rosell.
– 4. His flow chart.
– 5. Face to face (is it good that he is leaving?)
– Sandro leaves the Presidency after three years and a half and Bartomeu takes over.
– “I do not want unjustified attacks that affects the management and image of the club,” Rosell said.
– Bartomeu, his replacement. “We feel strong and we will continue until 2016″.
– The reasons behind his goodbye.
– 1. Does not want the image of Barca to be seen as one prejudiced against.
– 2..His family have been threatened and targeted outside their home.
– 3. The signing of Neymar has been used against him internally.
– Godin gives Atletico the advantage.