Simeone suffers defeat as Thiago makes suspicious accusations.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid put on another scoring show against Villarreal to move to the top of the league.
– Atomic Arsenal. Real Madrid are leaders after Atletico slip up.
– Karim Benzema gets a double, another work of art from Jese and a goal and an assist from Gareth Bale and another exhibition from Luka Modric.
– More goals than football from Los Blancos.
– Loss of heads: A second consecutive defeat for El Cholo’s men, that gave a poor image against a superior Atletico.
– Tiago’s suspicious accusations: “I am noticing rare things from the referees”.
– Barca on the assault. Only a win will do as they try to reclaim the leadership.
– Jose Mourinho already leading the Premier League thanks to Eden Hazard.
Image courtesy of AS.com
– Madrid sleep as leaders.
– Teixeira and Aranzubia mastermind Atleti’s demise.
– Jese takes advantage of his chance; another exhibition and golazo. A great first half from Bale who scored a goal and provided an assist.
– The final song: Madrid look for revenge against Barca in the Copa.
– Barca playing for La Liga. Martino: “This game means a lot for what happens later on”.
– Messi, out of focus.
– Sevilla, a month without winning.
– Rayo put on a show against Malaga.
– For the leadership. Barca need to win to regain first place and eliminate growing doubts.
– Andres Iniesta returns and Tata Martino warns: “This is one of the key games that are left to play” Barca searching for a key.
– Los Azulgranas want to break the deadlock of 23 titles they share with Los Blancos.
– Pasual’s side overcome Valencia and Real romp to victory.
– Los Blancos give another sucker punch. The referee is key as Atletico lose their heads.