Effective Madrid in strong position to progress.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid topple Juventus with attention now switching to El Clasico.
– ‘Three in three and onto the Clasico’; An effective Real Madrid dispatched a great Juventus and put the Italians in a spot of bother.
– Angel Di Maria returned to play a key role alongside CR7.
– The Bernabeu gives standing ovation to Andrea Pirlo and Fernando Llorente but it is Cristiano Ronaldo who is unstoppable as he now has 7 goals in the Champions League to help Madrid put one foot in the knock-out round.
– Personal record for Iker Casillas; 520 minutes without conceding a goal.
– An own-goal ends Real Sociedad’s dream, while Ibra scores four goals as PSG win 0-5 at Anderlecht.
– Neymar: “A Clasico is the most important game for a player”.
– Looking to shine in the Europa League, which they are not doing in La Liga; Sevilla, Betis and Valencia.
– ‘Cristiano is always there’; Red card to Chiellini and more frustration directed at Benzema when he is substituted.
– Madrid continue to fail to convince, but they have their foot in the knock-out stages after latest win.
– Gareth Bale played 24 minutes and did not do anything significant.
– The FEF feat that Diego Costa has chosen Brazil. If he does not promise in writing he will have to play with Felipe Scolari if he calls him up.
– Inigo scores an own-goal in the first minute at Old Trafford against Manchester United. La Real hit the post twice.
– ‘Come on Messi’; Leo will also be supporting Tito Vilanova and wants the Camp Nou to be full to welcome Real Madrid this weekend.
– Gerard Pique is a doubt for Saturday, while Tata Martino tries to evolve Sergio Busquets.
– Neymar; The Brazilian star already knows how to get the best of Pepe.
– Champions League: Cristiano gives Madrid victory though they suffered against ten men. Meanwhile, La Real hit the post and suffer defeat at Manchester United.